Classic Delay emulates three of the most commonly used delays / echo sounds types: Tape, Analog, and Digital, but without the introduction of noise. A quality control is included where the sound of the echo machine can be adjusted to give the preferred amount of “imperfection”. The delay can be synchronized to the host, and the feedback can be reversed to give a ping-pong effect.
Kjaerhus Classic Delay Features
- Tape-, Analog- and Digital Delay sound
- Ping-pong delay
- Quality control
- Ultra low CPU usage
- Supports sampling rates up to 96kHz
- Full VST automation
1. The tape delay type gives you the sound of echo being degraded slightly each time it is fed-back and re-recorded. You can adjust the quality control for the amount of flutter and distortion introduced.
2. The analog delay type has a very “dark” sound due to the low sampling rate and sharp filters used to save analog memory. The “darkness” of the sound can be adjusted via the quality control, which emulates the changing of the sample rate.
3. The digital delay can be adjusted from bright and clean on the highest quality setting, to a “darker” and more noisy / distorted sound if the quality setting is set low. This enables you to emulate the sound of older digital delays with less bit depth and a lower sample rate.